Investment & Asset Management Technical Specialist | Sandton
Join one of South Africa’s leading insurance and wealth management providers as a Investment & Asset Management Technical Specialist. You will need to support specialist with responsibility for the provision of the full range of Technical Specialist services, including provision of better and more insightful information, research, thought leadership, enhancements to existing communication and educational material.
Support client-centric communication and engagement, working with specialists and product owners across the business to create, curate and deliver correct, consistent messaging to clients and prospect clients.
Support effective teamwork and collaboration across the company’s business to deliver compelling client value propositions.
Work closely with the investment team and client channels team to ensure that we improve our communication to clients and enhance the client experience through presentations, written documents, articles and though leadership.
Support the curation and creation of quality content that empowers the successful delivery of our value proposition to grow and/or retain our client base.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualifications in Finance or a related field in financial services. Marketing, Qualified Actuary, CFA Charterholder certification is considered desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience
- Marketing, communication and sales experience in all areas of investments and asset management industry preferable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex investment concepts into simple and intuitive communications Obsessive about iteration, quality, clarity, details, & execution
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform decisively in fast-moving environment.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Overseeing and monitoring ongoing workflows to ensure efficiencies and relevance of Technical Specialist’s delivery to the business.
- Good technical understanding of asset management, investment markets and numerous investment managers.
- Must have knowledge of the industry, particularly the products and services on offer and to which target audiences these products and services are offered.
- Demonstrate and foster the company’s values
- Develop interpersonal skills.
- Foster a collegiate environment and encourages innovation and creative thought to differentiate us from peers.
- Time management. The role often requires to perform multiple tasks/work for various parties simultaneously. The employee needs to manage expectations and delivery time lines.
- Changing environment – need to keep up to date and understand the impact on messaging and delivery to clients.
- Building and maintaining credibility and trust with both internal and external clients.
- Information gathering. Understand and scope content and marketing requirements. Assess the existing content and collateral processes and revise them to promote the products and services of the business.
- Sound problem solving skills, analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Deadline driven
- Responsible & accountable
- Resourceful problem solver
- Effective Communication
- Results- Orientated
- Strong Business sense
- Ability to interact with Clients and internal teams
- Ability to distil and communicate complex information for internal and external clients
- Ability to manage expectations
- Self-management (planning, prioritising & time management)
- Visibility & impact (includes professionalism & executive disposition)
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Customer Service Orientation/Client Focus (Internal and External)
- Excellent attitude, a willingness to always assist, a willingness to learn and progress.
- An enquiring mind, a friendly and collegiate demeanour.
Key performance areas:
Support and build Technical Specialist Function:
- Deliver on annual Technical Specialist collateral plans comprising a mix of analytical reports, written reports, thought leadership pieces and presentations to various internal and external clients, providing clients with confidence to select and adopt appropriate solutions and services.
- Develop Technical Specialist collateral into saving, investments and retirement planning
- Support the Technical Specialist team to develop how our products are positioned in the market and to communicate that positioning effectively in order to help enhance commerciality and client experience.
- Ability translate complex investment and business-related concepts into simple and intuitive communications that are engaging for intermediaries and clients.
- Analyse the strategic requirement for promotional activities and plan the content promotions and campaigns accordingly. Consult the product specialists and other professionals to take their inputs while preparing these strategic deliverables.