The Uber Recruiter (Pty) Ltd t/a The Recruitment Council (TRC) is a specialist recruitment company with a focus on the financial services sector.
Collection and use of personal information
We reserve the right to collect your IP address and location information while you use our website. This information may be used to analyse and improve the use of our website.
In addition, we will collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, electronically or otherwise, including:
- When, as an employment candidate or potential employment candidate, you provide us with a job application, CV and any related information which information may be used in the recruitment process;
- When, as a client or potential client looking to employ a candidate, you provide us with details about your organisation, job vacancies, job specifications and any related information that may be used in the recruitment process;
- When you complete any form on our website or submit any information to us through the use of our website.
Your personal information may be required in order to provide a service to you or to process any request, whether you are a client, employment candidate or any other person who engages with us. In this regard, we reserve the right to collect information such as your name, identity number, contact details, employment history, qualifications, financial information (such as salary details) and any other information necessary to provide our services, or to process any request.
We will also collect personal information when required by any applicable law or regulation, e.g. the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001 (FICA).
In general, your personal information will be used in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, for example, to:
- Recruit a candidate for a client;
- Place a candidate with a client;
- Respond to your queries.
In addition, we may use your personal information to:
- Analyse and improve our services;
- Analyse and improve the use of our website and other offerings;
- Send you marketing material (you can unsubscribe from this material at any time).
Note: The above is not a closed list.
Disclosure of personal information
For us to provide an effective service, or to effectively perform the uses listed above, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to our partners, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, contractors and other third parties, when necessary.
In addition, there may be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information to certain persons.
Security of personal information
We take the security of personal information seriously.
We take reasonable steps to keep personal information in our possession secure, and to ensure that any persons to whom we disclose such information take similar reasonable steps.
However, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal information, including any such information in our possession or disclosed to any person or third party.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary in the circumstances, considering the purpose for which the information was collected and the purpose for which it is used.
In addition, we may retain your personal information for the time periods required by an applicable law.
Inspection of communications
We reserve the right to intercept, monitor and inspect all emails, telephone calls and other communications received by or transmitted using our communication and IT systems.
Access to personal information
If necessary, you may access, correct and request the deletion (if appropriate) of your personal information in our possession, by emailing us at the details below.