Trust Manager | Cape Town
Join this asset manager as a Trust Manager in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing trust administration, accounting and taxation services to the company’s stakeholders by managing a team of Trust Administrators and Tax Administrators in line with the company’s business strategy.
- Compile an annual work plan with each team member; taking into account the stakeholders' requirements and turn-around times.
- Monitor monthly work output by the team to ensure that deadlines are met. Review work done by the team members in line with client requirements and adhere adherence to the deadlines.
- Ensure tax compliance by SARS deadline dates.
- Ensure that the Letter of Engagement (which sets up the terms and conditions of the services offered to that client) is agreed upon on client acceptance; in line with the pricing policy as per the business.
- Build a collaborative relationship with the internal stakeholders by regular interactions.
- Hold monthly team meetings to share business information relating to service delivery.
- Ensure transformational targets are met for their own team through consideration of targets during the staff recruitment; retention and training process and utilising suppliers listed on the preferred supplier list.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in the company’s culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate in the development and implement action plans to address issues raised in culture surveys to improve results.
- Address issues raised in culture surveys by participating in the development and implementation of action plans.
- Create a client service culture through various required interventions.
- Support and encourage staff to participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Achieve operational excellence by supporting the implementation of business optimization improvement through team engagement.
- Encourage the team to generate innovative ideas and share knowledge.
- Manage performance of staff by implementing performance agreements; ensuring a clear vision; agreeing on goals and objectives; providing regular feedback on performance; recognising and rewarding achievement and taking appropriate corrective action where required.
- Mentor and coach staff on identified performance gaps by discussing these performance gaps and agree on appropriate action to be taken.
- Motivate staff to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating an environment of teamwork through engaging with staff (sharing information) and encouraging participation in decision making processes.
- Stay abreast in the field of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders by building capability of self and staff through identifying current and future training and development needs.
- Contribute to team effectiveness by following the recruitment process when recruiting talent.
- Maintaining a capable high performing team and ensuring an environment for optimal performance is created by identifying the talent pool through conducting career conversations; utilising the talent grid principles and developing talent retention programmes.
- Ensure self and staff understand and embrace the company’s Vision and Values by leading by example and re-enforcing values during meetings.
- Manage the on boarding process of new employees by ensuring execution of preparations according to the on-boarding check-list.
- Manage the billing process by ensuring that fees are taken immediately upon wrap-up of client work. Manage debtors' collection by monitoring debtors age analysis.
- Monitor collection of fees against budget for the month.
- Prepare an annual budget forecast for the division department.
- Retain existing clients by cross-selling relevant products
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- BComm or equivalent.
- South African Institute of Professional Accountants or Fiduciary Institute of SA.
- 5 years + relevant experience with 2 - 3 years People Management experience within the Trust environment.
- Preference individuals with Trust Management experience.
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Performance management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Governance, risk and controls
- Change management
- Principles of project management
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms
- Client service management
- Client service principles
- Organisational systems
- Customer Focus
- Driving for Results
- Earning Trust
- Planning and Organizing
- Delegation and Empowerment