Treasury Specialist (Gauteng)
Join this leading & JSE listed Insurance Firm as a Treasury Specialist.
The centralised Group Balance Sheet Management Treasury function is responsible for implementing industry best practices across the Group for treasury related activities. The purpose of the role is to manage the group's funding activities in line with the group strategy and objectives.
This includes the development and execution of the group funding strategy as well as planning and optimization of the group's internal and external funding sourcing and deployment activities.
Responsibilities and work outputs:
- Development and execution of Liquidity Transfer pricing strategy in conjunction with Liquidity risk management function;
- Identification of and execution of optimal external funding sources for the group;
- Perform the key business partnering role between Group and segments;
- Planning for funding deployment to key business segments and operating subsidiaries;
- Planning and optimisation of the segment and other group companies funding requirements;
- Develop effective control of intra-group funding arrangements including execution, monitoring, collections and impairments;
- Ensure alignment of the funding activities with the capital management, business planning and performance management activities of the group;
- Effective partnering with business segments and subsidiaries to determine key enablement areas for Group Balance Sheet Management;
- Drive end-to-end Group funding strategy development and execution; Support with reporting to various Management Committees, Executive Committees and Boards.
- Strong Business Acumen
- Good stakeholder management abilities
- Client Centricity
- Drive for Results
- Self-Awareness and insights
Experience and Qualifications:
- Honours Degree in Finance, Commerce or related fields;
- CA (SA); Qualified Actuary; or any other relevant Professional Qualification or designation
- 5 to 7 years' experience
- Strong technical accounting and tax knowledge
- Experience in transaction structuring and advantage
- Experience of working in Treasury and/or Funding at a Financial Services company an advantage.