Senior Estate Specialist | Centurion
Our client, a leading Asset Management Firm, is on the hunt for a Senior Estate Specialist, you will be responsible for winding up the deceased estates (which will mainly include Businesses Interest).
- To meet with interested parties (Accountants, Attorneys, Shareholders, Financial institution's/the Master of the High Court/ SARS/heirs/financial planners etc.) to discuss and resolve any issue that may arise from putting a Business into Business Rescue or Liquidation, to obtaining Business valuations and Financials for SARS Estate duty purposes
- To understand and apply the various sets of legislation that impact on the process such as:
- The Administration of Estates Act 66 of 1965 as amended and the Insolvency provisions as they relate tothe administration of insolvent deceased estates.
- The Intestate Succession Act.
- The Matrimonial property Act
- The Wills Act
- Estate duty Act.
- Firearm control Act
- FICA,FAIS,POPI ETC
- The SARS taxation framework (Business , personal Tax, Estate duty , CGT etc)
- Exchange control implications for heirs not resident in SA.
- To understand and apply such understanding in dealing with Assets which are not held in South Africa, and the implications of Situs and the appointment of an Offshore Executor.
- To understand and apply the wider process requirements of the various Financial /Legal/SARS etc to be able to move the estate forward in an appropriate timeframe.
- To understand and apply the accounting framework as set out in the Administration of Estates act, and wider best practice as it relates to balancing the estate account and ongoing cash statement and cash reconciliation accounting, as well as understanding Financials statement of Businesses and the Taxation calculation's required by SARS (Personal Tax, Business Tax CGT and Estate duty).
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate and contribute to a culture of work and client centric thinking, productivity, service delivery and quality management
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery
- Manage client query processes and ensure that queries are tracked, accurately resolved and used as a mechanism to improve client service and business processes
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas
- Take ownership for driving career development
Experience and Qualifications:
- UFS – Advance Diploma in Estate and Trust Administration
- Additional qualifications relevant to Deceased Estate administration
- FISA Membership (advantageous)
- Extensive tax knowledge and dealing with Business Interest are critical elements
- Minimum 5 – 8 years experience working with estate administration.
- Tax knowledge and dealing with Business Interest (essential)
- Good Communication Skills
- Business Acumen
- Customer/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results