Senior Actuarial Analyst | Life Corporate Actuarial | Cape Town
Our client, a major Banking and Financial Services provider in South Africa is looking to urgently place a Senior Actuarial Analyst to provide actuarial solutions to internal and external clients within their life corporate actuarial team.
- Completion of monthly IFRS reserving results for the Life Licence of the company.
- Completion of SAM returns on a quarterly basis, as well as Annual SAM returns, for the Life licences.
- Investigations of results to identify trends and spaces for improvement in existing processes.
- Assistance with the automation of existing processes in the life valuations space to improve efficiency.
- Documentation of existing and new processes.
- Input and completion of Actuarial elements of the companies ORSA returns.
- Input into the annual budgeting process of the company for the life licences.
- Input into basis setting exercises of the company.
- Communication of results to actuarial managers for further action.
- Input into the completion of Actuarial Committee and Board packs.
- Be an active member of the Actuarial team and help to mentor and guide junior staff.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in the company’s culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Support and encourage staff to participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Stay abreast in the field of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders by building capability of self and staff through identifying current and future training and development needs.
- Contribute to team effectiveness by following the recruitment process when recruiting talent.
- Maintain a capable high performing team and ensure an environment for optimal performance is created by identifying talent pool through conducting career conversations; utilising the talent grid principles and developing talent retention programmes (e.g. rotation).
- Ensure self and staff understand and embrace the company’s Vision and Values by leading by example and re-enforcing values during meetings.
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science
- 2 - 4 years in the Corporate Actuarial environment.
- Life Corporate Actuarial experience.
- Minimum of 6 - 8 exams.(via Assa)
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking knowledge
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- The company’s culture and values
- The company’s vision and strategy
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Applied Learning
- Work Standards