Private Equity Accountant | Pretoria
Our client is looking for an individual to take on the role of a Private Equity Accountant.
- Ensure proper accounting for investment structures, lower tier/subsidiary trial balances, tax blockers and alternative investment vehicles (AIVs), equity method accounting and consolidation.
- Review the Administrator’s accounting for investment structures, lower tier/subsidiary trial balances, tax blockers and AIVs, equity method accounting and consolidation.
- Responsible for performing a variety of accounting, analytical, & financial reporting duties ensuring investor activity reporting is prepared and completed appropriately.
- Be technically competent regarding relatively complex transactions surrounding all Private Equity Fund activity capital calls, distributions, investment purchases, divestments, carried interest calculations, expenses, income, gains, fees, ensuring they are executed according to standard accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsibility for ensuring the accounting records of client funds are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Capturing of financial GL entries.
- Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries.
- Keeping an eye on and reconciling incoming payments from accounts receivable and outgoing payments to accounts payable.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, requesting disbursements and ensure proper and mandated business sign off.
- Creating company financial reports with the above information included.
- Analysing data collected to determine the state of the company’s financial health.
- Analysing data to understand where the company is generating and losing revenue.
- Generating financial reports that display the company’s profits, assets, liabilities, equity and cash flow.
- Manage company bank accounts.
- Calculating, filing, and remitting taxes and other regulatory financial obligations.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Ensure the management accounts are audit ready.
- An individual that has an unwavering attention to detail with strong accounting skills.
- Ability to create logical and thorough financial reports
- Strong mathematical and calculative ability
- Analyse information to determine reliability and draw conclusions
- Effectively interpret analysis performed and decipher information
- Has an ability to work effectively under pressure in a high demand environment.
- Manages self to ensure deadlines are met.
- Cultural fit for a fast-moving and high-performance, but also informal and non-hierarchical organisation.
- B Comm Accounting degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience as an accountant within a private equity/invest firm or similar roles. Specific experience relating to private equity accounting activities.
- Pastel experience is advantageous.
- Experience in financial analysis and balance sheet recons especially debtors and creditor control.
- Proven excellence in your previous endeavors.