Portfolio Manager | Claremont
Our client, a leading Asset Manager is looking for an ideal individual to take on the role of a Portfolio Manager and they will take on the responsibility of assisting the CIO in the structuring and management of segregated share portfolio models and other funds to maximise risk adjusted returns and grow assets under management for the company. The Portfolio Manager will also take control of managing the company's team and will have 2 direct reports and 3 indirect reports. Further to this, the Portfolio Manager forms part of the Investment Committee, providing strategic input backed by up-to-date research. The Portfolio manager is required to market the strategies and do presentations on the strategies and performance to internal Wealth Managers as well as external associates and clients of the business as and when required by Wealth Managers.
- Structuring and management of segregated portfolios
- Research companies and produce reports.
- Structuring and management of multi manager CIS funds
- Structuring and management of single manager CIS fund(s)
- Perform investment research with regard to developments within markets.
- Regular presentation to Wealth Managers and clients on performance positioning, key events, and changes – either via articles, group presentations or individual meetings.
- Marketing and positioning of segregated and CIS solutions to build client base directly.
- Develop portfolio strategy and execution thereof.
- Member of investment committee and provide input with regard to decision making.
- PR communication including contribution to newsletters, articles, interviews and panel discussions where necessary.
- Management of the company including 2 direct reports and 3 indirect reports.
Personal profile and competencies:
- Critical and strategic thinker
- Technically minded
- Able to lead a team with purpose and direction.
- Interest in fintech
- Client centric
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Multi-tasking ability
- Professional presentation skills
- Adept in public speaking and comfortable leading discussions to internal Wealth Managers regarding the company’s strategies and performance
- MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Bloomberg or Factset or any other related industry packages
- 8 -10 years of proven portfolio management and share analysis experience with client base/referral network an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of investment products with direct experience in developing portfolio strategies and execution of investment strategies
- Experience in management of segregated share portfolios
- Experience in management of single and multi-manager CIS funds
- Experience regarding contributing to Investment Committees and input provided wrt decision making.
- Experience in presentation of investment strategy and performance to committees as well as clients
- Honours degree in Financial Analysis and Portfolio Management or similar, CFA or CA(SA).