Junior Project Manager | Centurion
Our client is on the hunt for an individual to take on the role of a Junior Project Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the PMO in the management of the overall delivery of multiple projects, through identifying and planning of work items, the coordination of project schedules, tracking the progress of projects and reporting their results with the aim to meet the stated business objectives and benefits, in compliance with all relevant Governance, Risk and Audit requirements.
- Relevant B-degree or Diploma
- Relevant Project Management Qualification
- 3 years’ experience in a dedicated project management position (essential)
- Insurance industry experience (desirable)
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of relevant Project Management software and tools
- Knowledge of Project Management lifecycle, from conception to close-out
- Knowledge of agile methodology
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of products administered by the business unit will be an advantage
- Business acumen
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
Competencies & Behaviours
- Actively live the company values
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Takes action to make things happen; uses initiative to start things up; shows drive and invests personal energy.
- Analyses and processes information; is practically minded and applies common sense when investigating issues; asks probing questions; provides insights by identifying key issues is conceptual when developing ideas; applies theories to problem solving; strives to find solutions to problems; identifying underlying problems; Is focused on continuously improving things.
- Is determined and decides on actions; willingly assumes responsibility; is definitive and stands by own decisions; makes intuitive judgments.
- Is articulate in giving presentations; is eloquent and explains things well; projects social confidence when articulating information. Writes fluently when documenting facts; understands arguments logically; focuses on finding facts.
- Manages tasks by being organised and methodical; plans activities systematically; sets priorities for tasks.
- Is target focused and meets deadlines; is punctual and keeps to schedule; is reliable in finishing task.
- Builds rapport and puts people at ease; is engaging and welcomes people. Are lively and projects enthusiasm; is focused on interacting and networking with people.
- Has the ability to resolve conflict.