Associate Principal (Investment Banking) | Sandton
Our client, a leading Investment bank, is on the hunt for an Associate Principal to join their growing team. The successful candidate would need to assist with conceptualizing, identifying, developing and executing profitable long-term debt, preference share and quasi-equity solutions in South Africa and in the rest of Africa and acting in collaboration with internal and external clients and stakeholders, including our alliance partners.
Origination and cross sell:
- To perform a supporting role in the client and deal origination targets through:
- Identifying potential new clients for the company;
- Identifying potential new transaction opportunities for the company;
- Display innovative thinking and creativity.
Take a Leading role in the company cross sell targets through:
- Identifying opportunities for IB teams, i.e., Debt Finance teams, Corporate Finance;
- Identifying opportunities for Markets;
- Identifying opportunities for Transaction Banking.
Manage Internal Processes:
- Ensure regulatory compliance by Sanctions checking and adherence to regulations, policies and procedures (FICA, KYC, etc.).
- Execute credit / IC approval process by providing support with structuring, rating, pricing and analyzing the client/deal, as well as collaborating in the completion of the credit / IC application through constructive communication and consultation;
- Ensure ongoing risk management by undertaking client site visits, completing annual Credit Reviews reviewing the risk annually, assessing performance & undertaking regular client visits in collaboration with internal stakeholders;
- Improve deal origination by providing multidisciplinary solutions, identifying and resolving work problems and delivering the required output to clients, and refining and enhancing coverage.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Finance or Accounting, Sciences, Economics, Legal or Bus Science (Hon) Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Science Economics and any BSc (Hon)
- CA (SA), CFA, master’s degree in commerce
- Minimum of 6-8years banking / relevant sector experience, with a strong background in lending and/or supporting lending teams in the leveraged finance and/or corporate lending industry.
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office – word, excel and PowerPoint
- The company’s culture and values
- The company’s policies and procedures
- The company’s vision and strategy
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Research methodology
- Decision-making process
- Ability to digest complex data, then make reasonable conclusions and recommendations
- Building Partnerships internally and externally
- Collaborating across various teams within the company
- Customer Focus
- Outgoing personality with the ability to meet new people and strike up conversation
- Initiating Action, self-starter and ability to work independently
- High Work Standards
- Managing Work and Life balance
- Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills