Annuity Actuarial Specialist | Tyger Valley
Our client is on the hunt for a talented actuary or actuarial student to join their dynamic team. The successful candidate will report to and work closely with the Head of our Annuity business, assisting the team in meeting their objectives in terms of profitability and growth while driving innovation and client centricity.
Technical Product Support:
- Work closely with the business head to provide specialised proposals and client feedback
- Product development and pricing (life and living annuities)
- Mortality investigations
- Provide technical product support to the annuity team
- Actuarial proposal documents
- Assist with the development and implementation of new solutions, including research and idea testing and enhancing existing solutions
- Consult and engage with key stakeholders including, actuarial, administration, product owners, investment specialists, intermediaries and clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Actuarial Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years relevant work experience
- Qualified actuary or good progress towards an actuarial qualification
- Prior experience in modelling or employee benefits environment would be advantageous
- Advanced experience in the Microsoft suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Cultivates Innovation by creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Client Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results and meets deadlines, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Resilience - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Proactive and self-starter
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Customer services orientation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Demonstration of living the company’s values - being Collaboration, Care, Integrity and Innovation