Wealth International Product & Platform Specialist | Centurion
Our client a leading Asset Manager is recruiting for a Wealth International Product & Platform Specialist who will be accountable for the design, ongoing management and implementation of the company’s wealth international product solutions, pricing and platform capabilities. Target market includes investors and advisers in South Africa and selected international jurisdictions.
Responsibilities and work outputs:
- Design and ongoing management of the company’s wealth international platform products and
- capabilities that can support clients and advisers in achieving their goals and that are future-fit from a business perspective.
- Consider solutions holistically from a regulatory, compliance and financial perspective and understand the impact on various areas of the business.
- Ongoing review of products and platform capabilities to ensure regulatory compliance and competitiveness in relevant markets.
- Content specialist of product and platform-related aspects for marketing material, digital material, thought-leadership in the industry and internal documentation including Terms and Conditions, statements, client letters etc.
- Stay abreast of South African and global platform trends, do research and analysis to timeously identify opportunities in the market to develop new products, capabilities, new areas of growth or to streamline existing product offerings.
- Assist in implementing the strategic initiatives of the business as they relate to products and capabilities.
- Monitor the client and adviser experiences of existing products and capabilities as early indicators of success / warning of changes required.
- Present product and capability solutions and proposals to governance forums including the Boards, Excos, Mancos and product management committee, as required.
Engage with clients in a client centric manner (Client Services):
- Provide authoritative expertise to financial advisers, their client clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to improve financial adviser and client experience service and fair
- treatment of clients.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
Self-management and teamwork (People):
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers, financial advisers clients and stakeholders.
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Take ownership for driving career development.
- Effectively manage time and ensure optimal productivity.
- Ensure technical product and legislative knowledge is always current in order to propose the most relevant and innovative client solutions and comply with governance requirements.
- Be self-confident, self-motivated and relentlessly pursue targets and goals.
Contribute to financial controls and planning (Finance):
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the South African LISP (platform) industry, including regulatory landscape, products, pricing etc. Knowledge of Offshore LISP industry preferred.
- Understand how the business operates, what the key issues and risks are that drives business success: and how they impact on the commercial viability of potential ventures and the profitability of the Group
- Drive a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility and execution to deliver business results.
- Collaboration - prioritises the business interests of company’s and invests in the success of the Group by aligning effort across divisions.
- Persuades, convinces, influences and inspires others, both within the company’s and externally to win support, loyalty and gain commitment to the purpose of the organisation.
- Manages self and relationships with others effectively, deals with ambiguity, uncertainty, and pressure, and provides perspective in difficult situations.
- BCom or related degree.
- More than 5 years of experience in financial services with at least 3 years’ experience in an investment product development or platform-related role.
- Ability to interrogate, balance the varying views of stakeholders and think critically.
- Ability to working with cross-functional teams.