Technical Broker Support Manager | Sandton
Join this leading insurance firm as a Technical Broker Support Manager in the Short-Term Insurance division.
- The end-to-end management and administration of allocated supplier relationships.
- The provision of technical assistance / support to Risk Advisor's (Brokers) in respect of all things' insurance.
- Product and solution design, development and oversight.
- Policy management systems and process management / oversight.
- Management and administration of suppliers: Maximise synergies between the company and approved suppliers. Arbitration and problem solving. Monthly performance and operational reviews (including SLA monitoring). Management and oversight of supplier service levels. Manage supplier governance and oversight audits - primarily relating to Insourced activities (Binders, Outsourced agreements etc.)
- Management of Product Panel (Suppliers): Appointment of new suppliers and the addition of new products when required and in accordance with the company’s onboarding process. Monitor and evaluate 'panel' suppliers and products ensuring that the same remains relevant. Bespoke products and services - product design, development, and implementation; product upgrade, design relating to existing bespoke products and services.
- Technical support and assistance: Assist and support Risk Advisors (Brokers) in terms of cover structuring and supplier selection, complex placements, cover / terms / rates negotiations with suppliers. Assistance in structuring new business / renewal presentations.
- Training: when called upon by the company’s training department to assist, presentation of training, design and development of product training material in terms of bespoke products.
- Claims: Assistance with claims, review of cover vs loss / damage event. Negotiate liability acceptance with insurers together with fair settlements all in terms of the policy.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level:
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- AIISA / FIISA and / or
- FAIS Regulatory Examination 1 qualification
- FAIS representative and preferably a Key Individual
Type of Exposure:
- Built a high-performance culture
- Built and maintained stakeholder relationships
- Designed Workforce Planning Solutions
- Developed and Implemented Communications Strategy
- Established regulatory monitoring)
- Improved Processes and Culture
- Manage internal process
- Managed Transformation & Innovation
- Managed Governance
- Managed Process Results
- Managed Relationships
- Managed Self and Team
- Managed budget
Minimum Experience Level:
- Minimum 10 years' experience with at least 8 years in commercial / corporate segments (Short Term Insurance)
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Business administration and management
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Change management
- Client service management
- Client service principles
- Communication Strategies
- Consumer behaviour
- Diversity management
- Employee training/development
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Operations planning
- Organisational systems
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Service level agreements
- Staff resource planning
- Strategic planning
- Business writing skills
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Partnerships
- Guiding Team Success
- Driving for Results