Senior Strategy Analyst | Investment Management | Johannesburg
Our client in the Banking and Investment Sector, has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Strategy Analyst to oversee and action on the creation and compilation of management and strategic reports that are aligned to strategic intent; through qualitative and quantitative research and analysis; and recommending insights that enable sound business decisions through others; as per the company’s business strategy.
Within the Strategy & Insights team, we conceptualise and drive business strategy through an analytical, insights driven approach to problem identification and solution. Furthermore we continue to add downstream value to the organisation through the execution of complex projects and programmes.
The team is constantly seeking out new methods of work through evaluating current practices and challenging conventional wisdom.
Within the team, there are multiple opportunities for learning, exposure to new ideas and work experience in diverse fields of inquiry. The team culture, albeit firmly rooted in achievement, is also fun and collaborative.
- Built sound professional relationships - understood and consistently met client needs
- Developed trusting / professional internal relationships to smooth the flow of work
- Developed collaborative relationships with contractors / consultants / suppliers which met business needs Consistently ensured work completed to plan; progress reviewed and corrective action taken
- Resource utilisation produced balanced output i.t.o. quality; cost; business expectations and compliance
- Complied with risk standards; monitored and corrective action taken Identified and resolved work obstacles and problems effectively and had contingency options to deliver required output
- Contributed to the crafting of polices; procedures; standards; processes; etc Delivered systems; products and projects which contributed to improved client service
- Delivered project results cost effectively on time and within risk parameters
- Advice given on systems; processes and equipment accepted and implemented; led to improved results
- Supported team efforts to achieve transformation goals and established a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals
- Supported and participated in corporate citizenship initiativesImprovements to work methods; processes and systems were implemented successfully
- Analysed; researched; developed and implemented innovative ideas and solutions adding value to the company’s systems; process; services; solutions aligned to business strategy; objectives and values
- Continuously developed professional knowledge relating to field of expertise
- Shared knowledge with team and other professionals
- Successfully obtained "buy-in" for value-adding projects; systems and products / processes
- 3- 5 years' experience in Analytical and Strategic environment
- SAS Enterprise Miner and SQL experience would be advantageous
- Intermediate / Advance Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and PowerBI
- Business writing and creating effective storyboard exposure a must.
- Advanced Diploma / National 1st Degree
- Master's in business administration.
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Decision-making process
- Business Acumen
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Partnerships
- Decision Making
- Business Acumen
- Guiding Team Success
- Planning and Organizing