Senior Actuarial Analyst | Short Term Insurance | Durban
Our client in the Banking and Finance industry, has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to provide actuarial solutions to internal and external clients within the insurance industry; in line with their company’s Client Value Proposition.
- Conduct and compile research in the short-term insurance industry and product development to provide the most appropriate range of products to clients.
- Develop software proficiency to deliver required outputs.
- Express ideas or facts clearly in written documentation so that the content is understood by the recipient.
- Develop sound product and industry knowledge.
- Assess the impact of regulation on the business and implementing required changes.
- Interact with internal and external clients to assess needs and provide solutions.
- Provide feedback and presentations to stakeholders.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing the company’s and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bachelors' degree in Actuarial Science with good progress towards completing Actuarial Exams.
- 5 - 8 years in the Actuarial fi eld in Short Term Insurance Industry.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, SQL and Willis Towers Watson (Radar) software will be beneficial.
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking knowledge
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- The company’s culture and values
- The company’s vision and strategy
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Applied Learning
- Work Standards