Senior Actuarial Analyst | Life Insurance | Durban
Our client, a Banking Giant, is looking to recruit a permanent Senior Actuarial Analyst. This Senior Actuarial Analyst will drive the delivery of small to medium strategic projects in the life insurance solutions team spanning across all portfolios; in line with the company's Client Value Proposition. The types of projects will vary but may include the delivery of new products, product enhancements, assistance with launch of newer channels, pricing or competitor reviews and delivery of other capabilities that will assist the company's insurance in growing its life licence solutions.
- The primary purpose of the person in this role will be responsible to run with a number of small to medium sized strategic projects across all 3 life portfolios, namely Risk, Credit Life and Investments.
- This will initially be a specialist role that reports directly to Head of Life Solutions but working closely with the Portfolio Managers for the 3 life portfolios. The role could however expand to have management requirements in the future.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Head of Life Solutions with delivery of tasks that span across the 3 life portfolios.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Communication of results to wider business stakeholders for further action.
- Assist with identifying areas of improvement in processes and reporting within the product teams.
- Input into the completion of Actuarial Committee and Board packs.
- Be active member of the Actuarial team and help to indirectly mentor and guide junior staff (even if not a manager).
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in the company's culture building initiatives (e.g., staff surveys, etc.)
- Stay abreast in field of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders by building capability of self through identifying current and future training and development needs.
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- BSc (Actuarial Science) Hons
- 4 years + Actuarial Experience (across Risk, Credit Life or Investments)
- Minimum 9 Actuarial exams passed (ASSA)
- Nearly qualified
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking knowledge
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- The company's culture and values
- The company's vision and strategy
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Applied Learning
- Work Standards