Regional Manager: Commercial Insurance Banking | Johannesburg
Join this leading bank as a Commercial insurance regional manager managing a team of bank brokers on the short term insurance space to deliver sales teams results through enabling others and ensure alignment to the company’s strategic focus areas.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and meet stakeholder needs, including giving them regular feedback.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Ensure effective resource capacity and planning.
- Achieve clear accountability of team members.
- Ensure resource capacity is aligned to the needs of the business.
- Ensure relevant processes and procedures are followed.
- Plan and monitor development by scheduling and tracking team progress against performance.
- Engage with the team and identify additional training and development requirements.
- Ensure relevant stakeholders are kept informed and updated.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure transformational targets are met.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in the company’s culture building initiatives and business strategy.
- Stay abreast of developments in the field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the company’s vision and values, leading by example.
- Participate in the development and implement action plans to address issues raised in culture surveys.
- Create a client service culture through various interventions.
- Achieve operational excellence.
- Encourage the team to generate innovative ideas and share knowledge.
- Manage budget costs within budgeting constraints.
- Set and allocate sales targets for the team. Review sales targets against performance.
- Ensure profitability of distribution medium.
- Make recommendations for alternate improvements to the business by reviewing non-performing areas.
- Meet financial targets through monitoring, tracking, and reviewing performance of the team.
- Ensure quality sales standards are agreed to and delivered on.
- Manage performance of staff by implementing performance agreements and ensuring a clear vision.
- Mentor and coach staff on identified performance gaps.
- Motivate staff to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating an environment of teamwork through engaging with staff (sharing information) and encouraging participation in decision making processes.
- Follow the recruitment process when recruiting talent.
- Maintain a high performing team and ensure an environment for optimal performance is created by identifying the talent pool through career conversations, using the talent grid principles, and developing talent retention programmes.
- Manage the onboarding process of new employees.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or Diploma
- KI qualification for short term insurance
- Class of Business (completed)
Type of Exposure:
- Communicating job requirements and performance standards to others
- Managing a sales team - not in dictionary
- Conducting performance appraisal interviews
- Conducting performance feedback meetings
- Checking performance data to measure employee performance
- Enforcing disciplinary actions against employees
- Assuming a key leadership role
- Investigating and reviewing processes to improve client satisfaction
- Coaching and mentoring of others
- Providing constructive feedback to employees
Minimum Experience Level
- Minimum 3 years in a sales leadership role
- Commercial insurance experience in a broker environment and/or insurance provider is essential
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Business administration and management
- Client service management
- Employee training/development
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Organisational systems
- Principles of project management
- Relevant company product knowledge
- Staff resource planning
- Management information and reporting principles, tools, and mechanisms
- Becoming a Business Advisor
- Building the Sales Team
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Coaching the Sales Team
- Driving for Results
- High-Impact Communication
- Making Sales Operations Decisions
- Motivating the Sales Team