Portfolio Manager | Port Elizabeth
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the Portfolio Manager role is to construct investment portfolios based on investment mandate and client requirements, implement suitable investment strategies, and thereafter monitor investment performance and review and/or rebalance portfolios based on changes in the client’s investment objectives and/or changes in market conditions.
Client attraction and engagement:
- Attract and retain clients directly and through financial planners and the company’s business partners.
- Develop a close working relationship with the company’s CIO
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver on service level agreements made with internal and external stakeholders and clients
- Make recommendations to improvement client service within area of responsibility
- Participate and contribute to a culture which build rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
Portfolio Construction and management:
- Develop portfolio management and structured solutions for clients based on the company’s capabilities.
- Develop investment portfolios for clients based on the company’s investment management philosophy/process and client objectives.
- Perform high-level investment research and contribute to the investment process.
- Engaging in sales marketing and public relations opportunities.
- Liaise with specialists as needed to cross sell the company’s products and capabilities.
- Compliance with the company’s business and investment policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the advice protocol, client on-boarding and servicing procedures.
- Alignment of client portfolios with model portfolios and dispersion parameters and portfolio implementation in accordance with the centralised dealing process.
- Manage investment portfolios based on the outcomes of the mandate and client expectations on a daily basis.
- Focus on day-to-day operational portfolio management and monitoring of existing investments and maintaining client portfolios
- Monitor on a regular basis the portfolio’s adherence to mandate and consult with relevant parties on the remedial action to be taken.
- Monitor, review or resolve potential risk drivers that may lead to increased costs.
- Make recommendations to enhance the investment mandates to increase profitability or cost effectiveness of the investment solution.
- Foster effective working relationships and collaborate within the company’s (segments, internal and external stakeholders).
- Manage the ongoing monitoring and performance measurement of solutions to ensure the product is managed relative to the outcome defined, market benchmark and client expectation.
- Provide technical advice and expertise regarding the development of new fund products in order to support sales or marketing initiatives.
- Contribute to the investment and stock selection process
- Drive the achievement of growth targets, management of margins and expenses of the investment portfolios.
Compliance and monitoring of transactions:
- Ensure compliance with client mandates
- Identification of gaps in operational or trading practices or interaction/interfaces with global custody activity impacting client relationships
- Demonstrate compliance with business standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls, and risk management standards associated with the role
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Persuading and influencing
- Attention to the details
- Leading and supervising
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Investments Management / Finance or BSc in Economics / Mathematics or Completed RE5
- Registered with FSCA/ JSE
- Must have undergone the required supervision for various COB products
- Must be able to act as a Representative
- CFA / CFP Advantageous
- 3- 5 + years relevant experience in either a Brokerage / Wealth / Investment firm
- Experience using loomberg, Factset, MS Office and Morningstar.