National Sales Manager | Key Individual | Gauteng
Lead and manage a team of digitally enabled Financial Planners to provide clients compliant financial planning and product solutions. To grow the company through an increase in new business by generating advice opportunities and to support the delivery of a client experience focussed on financial wellness.
Relevant Bachelor’s degree required (sales, marketing or related field)
RE 5 + FAIS compliant KI qualification
3-5 years’ experience in the financial services industry (preferably long-term
Proven track record in industry related sales management within an advisory
Duties and Responsibilities
• Grow financial planner footprint through attraction and retention of new financial planners
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunity for growth and provide relevant sales support
• Develop innovative digital methods to identify and develop new channels, networks, and business opportunities
• Develop plans and tactics for the achievement of sales targets through opening new markets/demographics
• Influence in the design process in response to client requirements and client experience to effectively package and market products or solutions to meet client’s financial wellness needs
• Provide ongoing support to planners to facilitate growth and sustained business relationship
• Pursue productivity and drive the achievement of growth and engagement targets to increase new business and the acquisition of new clients
• Ensure the Financial Wellness Framework is embedded within the planners to execute the company’s philosophy
• Effectively execute and manage the supervision process for all planners under supervision
• Optimise social media demand generation platforms and processes
• Build and maintain relationships with planners to deliver on service level agreements
• Optimise digital straight through processes to improve client experience and enhance efficiency
• Formulate action plans to enable the implementation of the digital engagement strategy
• Ensure that the financial planners execute the opportunities identified
• Participate and contribute to a culture which builds sustainable relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
• Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity
• Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour in line with vital behaviours through personal involvement, commitment, and dedication in support of organisational values
• Select and recruit suitably qualified talent in line with Employment Equity principles, The company’s Growth plan and company’s values.
• Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement, and cohesiveness
• Take ownership for driving own career development, regulatory adherence, and ethics
• Execute effective workforce planning practices to ensure that staffing requirements are accurately forecasted
• Identify vesting, planner/employee growth and development needs and schedule interventions to enable ongoing development, training, and personal growth
• Effectively drive performance excellence within the team to ensure business objectives are achieved by setting team goals and having regular dialogue to achieve meaningful and significant impact
• Establish productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders in the various networks.
• Encourage innovation, ensure integrity in communication, change agility and collaboration within the team.
• Appointed as a KI to the licence of the FSP and will be responsible for the management and oversight of any advice, intermediary service or licence management instance which transpires within the allocated area of direct management control.
• As a KI the Fit and Proper Requirements as provided for in the FAIS Act and subordinate legislation (as amended) is to be met and maintained
• Ensure all clients are at all times serviced by an active financial planner
• Control the budget for the area, including the authorisation of expenditures and implementation of financial regulations.
• Identify digital solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
• Implement risk management, governance and compliance policies in own practice area, to identify and manage governance and risk exposure
• Participate in the effectiveness of financial policy, practice and procedures preventing illegal, unethical or improper conduct
• Manage high risk and financial issues in area of accountability