Investment Technical Marketing Specialist | Centurion
Join one of South Africa’s leading Asset Managers as a Investment Technical Marketing Specialist, your role will be to focus and provide insight on key specifications and features of Investment funds, portfolios, platforms and products to both technical (financial advisers, DFMs and asset managers) and non- technical (clients) audiences by expressing the technical capabilities and competitive positioning in the market to our target audiences. As a technical marketing specialist, you understand our customers, our community, the problems they face, and how we can solve it.
Responsibilities and work outputs:
- Coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving environment.
- Experience working with minimal supervision.
- Drive deep competitor analysis including product strategy research, customer research, and technical research.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the capacity to explain and translate complex investment concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Develop strategies to educate and upskill our audiences about our products and how it can be valuable to them, introducing them to new concepts which can help them achieve their goals.
- Showcase our capabilities for the use cases which our audiences care about.
- Produce technical content such as demos, videos, workshops, tutorials, technical white papers, conference presentations, webinars and competitive positioning artifacts.
- Create, roll out, and maintain technical content such as demos, videos, workshops, tutorials, blogs, and whitepapers to connect our capabilities to customer needs.
- Represent the company at customer engagements such assales conversations, at conferences, and at community and customer meetups.
- Provide technical guidance and own demonstrations for analyst report submissions and briefings
- Review current business practices and procedures to identify key risk and alignment to the market if appropriate.
- Actively participate in the research and monitoring of the industry, target market and competitors to identify opportunities and threats as well as areas for improvement in operations.
- Contribute to the optimisation of retailisation, cross-selling and collaboration opportunities through appropriate relationships and product development to maximise the bundled product offerings for the market segment.
- Continuously strive to enhance and improve the Technical Marketing processes.
- Monitor and report on a process to gather organisational feedback regarding the application of Product Development practices, processes, documentation and business values.
- Represent and market this process both internally to peers and externally to clients, brokers, consultants etc.
- Establish and promote healthy vertical and horizontal business processes that insure efficient and effective client delivery within set expectations and agreed performance standards in the area of accountability and the overall optimisation of the value chain for the market segment.
- Create competitive collateral, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, application notes, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for our security solutions and products.
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required.
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that we bring to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements, be a technical expert, and have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of our solutions.
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Identify own growth and development needs and schedule interventionsto enable ongoing development, training and personal growth.
- Encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team
Competencies and Skills:
- Business Acumen
- Client /Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for results
- Leads change and innovation
- Motivating and Inspiring team
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and insight
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Growing talent
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Honours degree in Actuarial Science/Applied data and mathematics or
- CFA qualification (or working towards one)
- 4+ years relevant experience within Financial Services, specifically Asset Management or Asset Management marketing.
- Strong analytical skills
- Very strong research skills.
- Marketing savvy, customer research, financial analysis
- Deep understanding of marketing principles (e.g. Segmentation) to enable the development of adviser, DFM and client focused value propositions.
- Business experience with exposure to strategy development.
- Competitive analysis skills
- Adept at translating complex concepts into simplified narratives.