Insurance Broker (Upington)
The sole purpose of the position will be to grow and develop the business insurance portfolio.
The key outputs for this role are as follows:
• New Business sales
• Client service and management
• High level performance
This Commercial Advisor must be energetic and focused and be able to adapt to change and a different culture environment.
Qualification and Experience:
• Completed Matric or National Senior Certificate
• 60 FAIS credits/Full Insurance Qualifications (depending on Dofa)
For applicants that have been working in a financial services industry prior to December 2010,
• Must have your own reliable transport
• Valid code B driver’s license
• 2 years insurance external sales experience
• Build your own insurance portfolio by:
• Being able to prospect for new clients through networking, Cold calling and door
• door canvasing for new business
• Effective communication with both internal stakeholders and clients.
• Conduct a comprehensive risk evaluation for the client.
• Providing solutions to clients by selling short term products aligned
• to the needs of the client.
• Continuous building of your client base hence securing future income.
• Keeping abreast with the commercial insurance market changes and developments.
• Achieving/Exceeding targets consistently
• Providing feedback to line management when requested.
• Attending all weekly and adhoc team meetings.
• Working closely with internal stakeholders that is, underwriting/actuarial, claims as well as surveying.
• Adhering to all quality standards and measures in place.
• Drafting, tracking and measurement of your personal business plan.
• Providing on-going service and support to your individual client base (amendments,
• renewals, claims etc.).
• Retention of existing business including renewal discussion in line with FAIS
• Developing internal/external relationships with clients.
• Problem-solving skills
• Relationship management skills
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Resilience - Ability to work well under pressure in dynamic environment
• Flexible and adaptable
• Influential, concise, rational and practical communicator
• Creative flair and innovative thinker
• Relationship management
• Discretion, judgment and high levels of trust
• Communication (verbal and written) in English
• Numerical & mathematical skills
• Team supervisory skills
• Confident and enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team - balances team and
• individual responsibility, provides and accepts feedback
• Analytical skills