Individual Compliance Officer | Sandton
Our client, who is one of the largest leading insurance, asset management, and wealth management companies in South Africa, is on the hunt for an individual to take on the role of a Key Individual Compliance Officer where the successful candidate will monitor and provide assurance on the adherence to the Key Individual compliance requirements and practices across the company’s insurance advice channels to ensure compliance risks are managed and reported across the company.
- Monitor the Key Individual compliance requirements and risks to determine the state of the Key Individual compliance requirement across the company’s insurance advice channels.
- Ensure the Key Individual compliance requirements are adhered to, and adequate compliance risk management practices implemented.
- Provide input, review and ensure accurate reporting and articulation of Key Individual compliance status across the company’s insurance advice channels.
- Provide guidance in the completion of Key Individual risk monitoring programs.
- Provide advice and/or input to internal stakeholders on possible contraventions of the Key Individual compliance risks through early detection.
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders by establishing partnerships in managing the Key Individual compliance risks.
- Engage with stakeholders formally through determining scope of work, understanding and identifying Key Individual Compliance requirements.
- Provide overview and reporting of the status of the Key Individual Compliance and Advice risk of the company’s insurance Distribution to management and Regulators.
- Perform function of statutory Key Individual FAIS Compliance Officer for the company’s insurance distribution in accordance with Board Notice 127 of 2010 and act as primary liaison between the company’s insurance distribution and the company’s insurance governance team and/or FSCA for FAIS related queries, complaints and prepare statutory compliance reports and maintain the FAIS Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Maintain oversight of Key Individual Register across the company’s insurance broker across the advice channels within the company’s insurance.
Type of Work:
- Assist managers within the Business Unit to monitor risks related to compliance and advice requirements by providing guidance or offering expert advice to compliance officers and Group Internal Audit.
- Align solutions with the strategic direction and create new ways of solving problems.
- Sourcing and consolidating data to develop and enhance tools to measure Key Compliance Indicators and trends relating to potential compliance and advice risk in e.g. the execution of sales, after-sales during the product and client life-cycles.
- Management of the Key Individual Risk, Compliance and Advice requirements to provide insights on regulatory, operational, and external developments to ensure proactive awareness and management of compliance risk and advice issues.
- Performing a leading role in review of the Key Individual compliance related regulatory changes through internal consultation and provide commentary on the proposed legislation which include offering proposals on alternative wording of requirements.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert guidance on Key Individual Compliance and Advice Related regulatory changes and oversee the implementation of action plans to align to the upcoming regulatory requirements.
- Compliance Institute of South Africa (CISA)
- Post Graduate Diploma: Risk Management
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in a Short -Term Insurance Risk, Advice, Audit and Compliance role with a Short-Term Insurance intermediary and/ or Short-Term insurance provider of which 5 years should be at a management level.
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Change management
- Cluster specific operations
- Compliance reporting
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Reputational risk management
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Stakeholder management
- Codes of Good Governance
- Decision Making
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
- Stress Tolerance