Implementation Specialist | Centurion
Overall Description of role:
Retailisation as a strategic imperative for the employee benefits division aimed at helping the business to deliver the dual objectives of helping retail clients and/or employees in their journey to success and financial wellness whilst generating new retail business for partnering IFAs. This will be across all three retailisation sectors namely the corporate sector (funds@work), public sector or SOE sectors, helping our IFAs with practical business development opportunities to grow their practices and acquire new retail clients.
In the process this will also allow us to diversify the base of our supporting advisers into previously untapped strategic IFA markets for growth across demographics, age, gender and cultures over time allowing us in turn to reach a broader base of diverse employees also across income levels, gender, age and race.
The purpose of the Implementation Specialist: Retalisation & EB Distribution is to manage the planning, execution and tracking of business initiatives according to deadlines and budget parameters in order to achieve segment (Retailisation & EB Distribution) strategic objectives or business goals. The strategic objective and business goals will include but not limited to the following key outcomes.
- BCom with Honours (essential).
- Certified Financial Planner (essential)
- 5-8 years’ implementation management experience
- 5–8 years' project management experience in corporate business development / corporate client service, or marketing/financial planning within a financial services environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manage the delivery of projects and implementations within the agreed parameters
- Drive the implementation of the department’s strategic intent
- Operate as liaison between Retalisation & EB Distribution department and Product Houses / stakeholders regarding projects and implementation requirements / scope as directed by the Head of department to achieve both tactical and operational implementation and alignment of projects
- Align with Head of Department’s strategic lead with the overall transformation plan
- Partner with stakeholders to investigate the feasibility of innovative projects, change requests and implementation requirements that support the achievement of business objectives.
- Define the project scope in collaboration with relevant stakeholders internally and externally in order to ensure that project deliverables and expectations are clearly articulated and aligned to business objectives.
- Determine & articulate the project measures of success which will be used to evaluate project effectiveness.
- Accountable for the project implementation process including the implementation plan that highlights deliverable
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve optimal cross process integration.
- Manage resources and third-party relationships (i.e., SLA) to produce results and meet operational objectives and goals.
- Drive, manage and track the implementation and delivery of the project plan in line with the scope, cost and time parameters of the project.
- Execute on defined implementation plans
- Monitor all aspect of the implementation process including the identification of risks and the collaboration with stakeholders to manage the mitigation of risks.
- Monitor project progress and deliver reports that accurately reflect the progress of the project.
- Organize, maintain, follow up and update accurate project-related metrics, dashboards and reports, take project minutes and agreed action items.
- Manage the project close out and the assessment of project effectiveness in order to make recommendations to improve project impact.
- Identify and support the implementation of initiatives that address project shortcomings or areas of concerns
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings, workshops and agendas, as and when required.
- Analyze all project and implementation data to effectively provide insight to Head of Retailisation & EB Distribution.
- Accountable for internal communication and status updates on projects
Maintain and advance the stakeholder relationships through support and guidance leading to growth of the IFA
- Ensure compliance to business, industry and legislative requirements
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in the various Retailisation and EB Distribution ecosystems
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunity for growth and provide relevant sales support
- Coordinate and facilitate with relevant internal stakeholders to provide the required technical product, platforms and financial planning support to Retailisation IFAs for the benefit of their networks and clients
- Coordinate and facilitate the delivery of relevant marketing and training to networks on all solutions, products, engagement mechanisms, systems, platforms and business processes
- Coordinate and facilitate with the relevant internal stakeholders ongoing support and guidance to IFAs in the portfolio to embed the engagement and Retailisation strategy and related projects
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify changing client needs and make recommendations to align service offering with client needs.
- Manage a client service excellence culture which builds enduring relationships and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Deliver on agreed deliverables made with clients and stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Contribute to the process of negotiating objective and realistic service level agreements, monitor appropriateness and recommend adjustments
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients, internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Take ownership for driving career development
- Contribute to the financial planning process within area
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum
- Strategic Thinking
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Customer/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Mange Change and Innovation
- Motivating and Inspiring Team