Head of Operations | Johannesburg
Are you a seasoned professional in operations management, ready to make a significant impact in the financial services industry?
Our client is seeking a dynamic and accomplished Head of Operations to drive key initiatives and enhance operational efficiency:
- The role of the Head of Operations is to develop and implement long-term operational strategies and ensure that high impact initiatives are executed effectively on a daily basis.
- Oversee and support successful operational performance of company-wide projects that impact client service delivery including business administration, technology, processes and claims fulfilment.
- Provide effective leadership & management of business risks and help ensure that business risks are identified, assessed, managed, and integrated into the business strategy.
- Establish a strong focus on continuous improvement and adapt to changing circumstances and play a key role in driving organizational success.
- Responsible for leading and managing the operational teams.
- Frequently integrates with other business functions to drive broader work strategies which may impact entire organization.
- Collaborate with Regional Teams to achieve enterprise wide consistency.
- Will have high degree of autonomy operating within general management direction and functional policies.
- Focus is on operations during the current year but participates in establishing multi-year (1-3) strategies and business plans.
- Drives operational and business change across the organization.
- Focuses on driving operational efficiencies and business changes to ensure organization meets objectives.
- Ensures all operations functions are fit for purpose and achieving strategies and goals.
- Ensures operational processes deliver effective and compliant service to clients and support the client facing teams.
- Contributes to the operational change strategies.
- Ensures processing systems meet the business requirements.
- Monitors Management Information (e.g. activity analysis) and changes approach accordingly.
- Works in partnership with other Business Unit or Exco leaders/ heads to deliver divisional initiatives around operations and administration.
- Leads a significant team to deliver against client needs and manage the performance of that team.
- Ensures that processes and measures are in place for monitoring and maintaining standards of business conduct consistent with the company, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Contributes to and participates in the company's-wide senior management groups, committees and ad-hoc project teams and other bodies as necessary.
- Works on significant and unique issues requiring proficiency in a complex area requiring a broad grasp of practices or principles in a highly specialized field or in cross-functional settings.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements annual operating plans, consistent with objectives set at next higher organizational level.
- Often has budgetary responsibility for functional area.
- Concentrates on planning and executing for the next 12-36 months in own functional area and input into regional decisions.
- Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Develops and maintains valuable client and resource relationships.
- May serve as an expert adviser to the company or clients on matters of importance to the success of their business.
- May manage a sizable team, department or division or will act independently to manage a portfolio of significant and complex client accounts with responsibility for a number of client teams.
- Excellent ability to develop strong relationships quickly, influence key stakeholders, work cross-functionally and autonomously.
- Ability to organise & manage priorities simultaneously and meet time- sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal. Ability to summarize complex solutions/concepts into a digestible format.
- Demonstrated experience in operations, risk management and/or excellence in a professional services environment such as consultancy, financial services, or insurance.
- Excellent project management competencies including a proven track record of successful operational transformation projects.
- Proficient Excel & data configuration skills – to be able to utilise data to support recommendations and to drive change initiatives.
- Be in a possession of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have an insurance related tertiary qualification.
- An MBA or related qualification is preferable.
- Have a minimum of 5 years managerial experience.
- Previous applied experience in managing end to end strategic operational functions across the value chain.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years commercial/ corporate experience.
- Be dependable and respect confidentiality.
- Have a high work ethic and must have the ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Be a team player, have the ability to build good relationships, support and actively participate in, and contribute to any team initiatives.
Head of Operations | Johannesburg
R 1 800 000 - R 2 000 000 Per AnnumPer Annum