Head Of Corporate Finance | Sandton
- Advise the Executive on whether potential investments (M&A) would add value that the chosen methods of execution are the best solutions.
- Help project sponsors to analyse their potential investments and write investment proposals to the Executive Committee or Board.
- Determining whether proposed investments are value creating.
- Advise the project sponsor of the internal and external procedures and requirements that need to be met and to make sure that all appropriate advisers have been consulted for their views (Legal, Tax, Governance, Investor Relations, Technical, Risk Management, Treasury, Accounts).
- Identify synergistic benefits to each transaction, including a step plan to execution.
- Building/reviewing financial models.
- Provide transactional and evaluation support on acquisitions and disposals.
- Drive execution of each corporate transaction to a successful conclusion
- Provide financial analysis to support Group capital structure decision making.
- Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these or raise them with your manager as appropriate.
- Providing the CFO with high quality drafts of strategic letters, process documents, financial models and regulatory briefing documents,
- Research where required, including industry research, company research, identifying buy-side and sell-side opportunities for current and prospective clients, transaction type research (BEE, M&A, leveraged buy-out, listings, etc.), technical research (valuation methodologies, modelling techniques, legal agreement clauses and definitions etc.)
- Complete detailed valuation models (and other ancillary models) which are tailored for the exact purpose of a specific transaction.
- Establishes authority, respect and rapport with employees and teams in order to build enthusiasm for realising organisation strategies and values.
- A trusted advisor who is passionate and enthusiastic
- Tolerant of ambiguity, remains calm and composed and is steadfast to the main purpose.
- Weather storms, emotions and crisis
- Actively drive the development of strategy and delivery of the corporate finance plans
- Assumes full accountability for delivery of corporate finance initiatives, and ensures the effective delivery there of
- Acts as deep technical specialist, advisor and subject matter expert in the business.
- Combines highly developed technical knowledge and experience with commercial understanding to align advice and solutions with business goals.
- Able to steer team and organisation to solutions and influence the appropriate outcomes
- B.A., B.S. or equivalent degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- CA, CPA, ACA, ACMA, CIMA, CFA, MBA or equivalent finance/business relevant qualification.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in leading and managing the corporate finance portfolio within the financial services industry.
- Proven track record in corporate finance in financial services environment