Head of Administration | Sandton
Join this blue chip listed insurnace firm as a Head of Administration. This Position requires a post graduate qualification and 10 – 15 years’ experience in managing complex divisions in the Financial Services industry.
The successful candidate will manage a team of 200 strong managers, team leaders & administrative staff for this insurance giant.
Continuously enhancing and keeping abreast of industry and
trends and regulations
Ability to develop strategic relationships with key internal and
Ability to identify inefficiencies and remediate
Lead, guide and support the people within division
Develop and maintain desired organisational culture
Knowledge & Skills:
Good understanding of the Retail operations environment
Good understanding of the Investments Operations environment
Good understanding of the Pension Fund landscape
- Providing overall leadership, direction and management to the Operations teams
- Planning, directing and coordinating the functioning of the Operations areas
- Determining objectives, strategies, policies and programmes for the teams
- Striving for operational excellence through the implementation of transformational plans and activities
- Implement strategies to retain existing clients, together with the Consulting team.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with heads of all business units and other platforms
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance controls, to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability
- Effective use of skills and resources across the business
- Keep abreast of the regulatory environment and ensure compliance to these
- Drive discipline around adherence to processes
- Monitor error and omissions reporting and route causes, to implement mitigating controls
- Identify opportunities to increase operational efficiency
- Create and maintain the desired culture of learning, caring and results.
- Responsible for identifying employee growth and development needs and putting measures in place to meet these needs.
- Effectively manage performance within the team, as well as with other areas across the business, to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational culture shifts.