Head: Enterprise Project Management Office | Gauteng
Join this distinguished insurance company at their Gauteng offices as Head of Enterprise Project Management.
Purpose of this role
- To strategically provide direction, manage and improve EPMO strategy, frameworks and policies align to industry standards, regulatory requirements, and risk management that is fit for company requirements.
- To provide oversight and manage the enterprise-wide portfolio of the EPMO which includes a designated Team of Programme Mangers, Project Managers, Administrators, Business Analysts (Permanent & Contracted) and third party service providers contracted responsible for execution of various Operational and Strategic Projects and Programmes end to end within the company project and programme delivery framework on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaboration with stakeholders across organisation to drive and ensure successful execution against Business Cases and Benefits for specific Projects and Programmes and completion within set timelines and budgets approved, while ensuring professional standard of work.
- Lead by example in living the Company Values and ongoing care and development of the team to stay aligned with best practices fit for the purpose to deliver a positive outcome and success in line with organization objectives and priorities.
- Provide ongoing professional guidance, mentoring, coaching, development and on the job training of team and members to ensure excellence and progressing in ongoing improvement of the overall EPMO capabilities and execution success.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong leadership experience.
- Manage a remote working environment.
- Professionally liaise with Senior managers and Executives as an ambassador for the EPMO function.
- Work effectively and efficiently to achieve objectives.
- As required from time to time, various formal and informal meetings will have to be attended and participated in Strong
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
- Excellent organizational and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong Commercial understanding.
- Client orientated execution and delivery.
- Stakeholder roles and importance of peer networking.
- Lead and drive the socialization of change.
- Stakeholder collaboration critical for success.
- Matrix operating model.
- Practical Execution and Portfolio Management
- Customer Service Orientation/Client Focus (Internal and External)
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Problem solving (Includes reasoning)
- Financial Management
- Anticipating, Creating and Managing Change (Tolerance of Ambiguity)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - a skilled communicator
- Relationship Building (Includes Listening, Interpersonal Sensitivity, and ability to read and interact with people)
- Ensure full purpose of the role is being executed on and delivered to ensure functional performance and success as set from time to time in line with the organisation Strategic priorities.
- Ongoing improvement
Driving an ongoing improvement culture in responding to change in industry best practice, organization requirements, client experience in respect of EPMO as an organization enabler and overall processes. Ongoing improvement to enhance automation of overall EPMO functionality and enablement of execution.
- Develop and build out community practices to develop and support a culture of learning and knowledge sharing and improvement opportunities.
- Portfolio Management
- Strong portfolio management focus to harvest efficiency and benefits in alignment across projects and programmes.
- Operational Management
- To be responsible for the day-to-day planning and supervision of specific projects, programmes and teams and to carry out associated administrative duties where this element is relevant.
- Planning project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables.
- Continuously evaluating projects during projects execution period and post project closure to ensure adhering to company standards, audit requirements, documentation, governance, budgets, reporting, stakeholder management and meeting business case objective and benefits and deadlines.
- Compliance, Risk Management and Audit
- Comply with all company policies include Health & Safety, absence management, performance development and appraisal, Code of Conduct, risk management, compliance management to mention a few although not complete list.
- At all times ensure compliance to regulations relevant to the function activities.
- Ongoing proactive risk management and align to the organization Enterprise risk Management framework, and practices.
- Support internal and external audit processes.
- Ensure alignment to frameworks, practices, processes, risk management to minimize and prevent any audit findings in respect of the function and projects executed.
- In case of audit findings, management actions should be agreed with timelines and implemented as per the committed dates.
- Stakeholder Management
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the organization in business case development, project execution and reporting.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to improve over delivery and success
- Engage stakeholders to ensure two-way engagement to deliver an exceptional service experience as the EPMO Clients
- Engage external specialist and bodies to ensure relevance to industry standards and best practice to benefit company objectives and priorities
- Monitor the adherence to the companys Strategic Delivery Framework within the Group
- Update all documentation regarding the Strategic Delivery Framework
- Continuously update all project management documentation related to enhancements
- Inspect the dashboard view on Power BI for any discrepancies
- Continuously update all business analysis documentation related to enhancements
- Ensure alignment of the Project Delivery Framework and the Business Analysis Framework
- Management Reporting & Record keeping
- Maintain quality management reporting around the statistics on all projects within the organisation.
- Accurately record keeping and reporting of all documenting the project's creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project's scope, budget, and justification.
- Ensuring all practices, documentation and artefacts delivered in projects are at an industry and organizational standard and are reusable to improve productivity, reduce time, reduce cost, less resources and consistent in current and future use by organization in business as usual and to enable change in future and kept in central depository for easy access, retrieval and maintained for re-use.
- Analyzing financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Budget Management
- Compile and present accurate yearly budgets within the timeframes stipulated
- Adhere to the delegation of authority (DOA) for all project costs
- People Management
- Emphasis on lead by example in respect of values and staff coaching, development and care.
- One on one coaching with each member of the EPMO team to gain an understanding of their level of competence
- Provide Training / Presentations as when a request is made regarding Project Management and Business Analysis
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Administration, or a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
- Agile Certification
- PRINCE 2 Foundation and Practitioner – advantageous
- Business Analysis Diploma – advantageous
- Minimum of 10 years plus experience in industry
- Minimum of 5-year leadership experience in PMO