Estates Specialist | Cape Town
To administer deceased estates and to add value to the business by referring sales leads to the rest of the company to create holistic value proposition for our clients
- Explain the deceased estates administration process to the heirs and manage their expectations, by regular and ongoing communication.
- Receive all relevant documents from the heirs and send them to the relevant authorities for processing.
- Engage our internal clients (NFP; PFA) by keeping them up to date with regular progress reports.
- Responding to client queries and complaints within 48 hours.
- Escalating complaints to Management.
- Foster professional relationships with beneficiaries; intermediaries and others.
- Finalise estates within a reasonable time to ensure client satisfaction.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impact on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the company’s vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced, and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge and sharing knowledge with the team.
- Ensure that internal control procedures are adhered to for instance: Making sure that all estates assets are insured against loss - Cash reconciliation statements are checked for correctness by management before any cash distribution - Get equity mandates from the heirs before liquidating any assets.
- Take control of the deceased assets and ensure that they are allocated to the lawful heirs.
- Update stats and have monthly meetings with Management to identify possible risks.
- Generate revenue by taking executor's fees.
- Referring sales leads relating to stockbroking; investments; short term insurance; trusts; tax; Wills; property sales to various departments in the group.
- Finalise estates within the shortest possible time to maximise profits by making use of statistics and progress reports.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level:
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning.
Minimum Experience Level:
- 3-5years in legal / banking environment
- A completed law degree from an accredited educational institution
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Customer Focus
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
- Building Partnerships