Data Science Manager | Gauteng
To support the business in identifying opportunities for different segments, and work to use identified insights to design compelling, disruptive and commercially viable Client Value Propositions for the company Insurance offerings.
- Provide input on activities for relevant CX reports by collecting information on status and results.
- Co-ordinate tasks, resources and internal and external stakeholders to support the implementation of strategic objectives.
- Meet financial objectives by co-ordinating activities in line with budget/target requirements.
- Design and Develop Client Value Proposition (CVP) by ensuring that the CVP's resonate with the customers' needs and while aligning with commercial imperatives.
- Identify and engage with all stakeholders to ensure implementation of CVP activities.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders to deliver on CVP objectives.
- Understand and customer needs and market trends.
- Design and develop market leading customer value propositions that are based on customer needs, behaviour, and potential to optimize both customer value proposition and customer experience across our target segments and population groups.
- Ensure that the CVPs resonate with the customers' needs and also with commercial imperatives.
- Monitor, analyse and articulate in detail competitor activity and emerging market trends to inform the CVPs and ensure the designs remain competitive and up to date.
- Leveraging Analytics, MI & Customer Experience to build a fact based understanding of customer needs and use this insights to support or disprove particular areas of prioritization, focus and courses of action.
- Ensure alignment with the segment customer value proposition.
- Monitor and provide feedback to enhance customer value proposition.
- Contribute to Segment and Proposition strategy.
- Leading and ensuring the implementation of the CVP from end to end.
- Generating concise business plans in support of the CVPs.
- Working collaboratively with downstream colleagues with responsibility for building elements of the CVP to a definitive time table.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in the company’s Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys, etc.)
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certification obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Post Graduate Diploma: Marketing Management
Type of Exposure:
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Analysing situations or data that requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas.
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or peoples understanding
- Communicating standards to others
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Interacting with diverse people
- Overall 7 years + experience in Client Experience, Customer Value Propositions and Customer Insights.
- 5 years' experience in developing, implementing and being accountable for crafting of CVP, take to market strategy and business plan.
- 6 years' experience in roles within market insights, consumer research or product management
- 4 years' + experience in Insurance and/or financial service industry.
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Business terms and definitions
- Cluster specific operations
- Communication Strategies
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Research methodology
- Decision-making process
- Data and Business analysis
- Competitive Intelligence
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Work Standards
- Building partnerships
- Planning and Organizing
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills