Claims Administrator | Johannesburg
Our client who is an integrated retirement, investment, life and insurance solutions company is looking for a Claims Administrator. You will be responsible for Gathering all necessary information as relating to all new and existing Life and Funeral Claims
- Conduct data entry into company systems, and review and verify the information to ensure accuracy and accessibility.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Perform basic data entry tasks, including data verification.
- Support others by working on a variety of data management tasks. Provide Claims Assessors with the necessary assistance in gathering information / documents as and when required.
- Use standard office software to carry out basic formatting on letters, memoranda and routine reports.
Handling Enquiries and Correspondence.
- Answer the telephone and assist callers or those making varied enquiries by email or mail with any basic requests for information, directing more complex matters to colleagues as necessary.
- Create positive experiences for clients by interacting courteously with them.
- Carry out standard customer service activities and handle simple customer enquiries.
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. For example, knows when to act independently and when to escalate issues. Integrates various inputs, decision criteria, and trade-offs to make effective decisions. Typically makes good independent decisions.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, looks at complex issues from multiple angles; explores issues to uncover underlying issues and root causes; sees the main consequences and implications of different options.
Plans and Aligns:
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals. For example, outlines clear plans that put actions in a logical sequence; conveys some time frames. Aligns own work with relevant work groups. Takes some steps to reduce bottlenecks and speed up the work.
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. For example, probes deeply into customer needs to identify less obvious interests or expectations. Consistently goes above and beyond to understand customer requirements and surpass their expectations.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, listens attentively and takes an interest. Keeps others well informed; conveys information clearly, concisely, and professionally when speaking or writing.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, accepts responsibility for own work, both successes and failures. Handles fair share and does not make excuses for problems. Usually meets commitments to others.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, devotes considerable effort to surpassing goals and achieving the best possible results; goes above and beyond to achieve excellence. Drives ahead with great focus when faced with obstacles and setbacks; maintains productivity and a positive attitude.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. For example, is calm and professional in difficult situations; continues to work toward objectives. Overcomes obstacles without becoming discouraged; draws lessons from failures. Recovers from setbacks and adversity.
- Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise. For example, disagrees with others in a respectful and tactful manner; handles conflicts and differences of opinion in a calm, composed manner; rebounds from conflicts without animosity.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, learns how to operate as a team player, contributing actively to the group's efforts. Seeks others' inputs, appreciates their contributions; offers to help when the need is clear.
- Use clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
Policy and Regulation:
- Interpret and apply knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise.
- Use an understanding of numerical concepts to perform mathematical operations such as report analysis.
- Support business processes by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages.
- Analyse data from multiple sources to draw appropriate conclusions and make suitable recommendations.
Data Collection and analysis:
- Analyse data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Achieve full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or operations.
- Matric / Grade 12/ SAQA Accredited.
- Equivalent Regulatory exam 5.
- 1 - 2 years working experience in the life/funeral insurance industry, preferably within an administrative function.