Business Intelligence Analyst | Johannesburg
Our client is looking for an individual to take up the role as a Business Intelligence Analyst. This individual would use data to extract quantifiable insights from past trends and current conditions that increase the company’s profitability and improve efficiency. The individual’s primary role is to turn data into knowledge to enable and improve key business processes.
Business Requirements Identification:
- Collect business requirements using a variety of methods such as interviews, document analysis, workshops, and workflow analysis to express the requirements in terms of target user roles and goals.
Insights and Reporting:
- Prepare and coordinate the completion of various data and analytics reports, identifying and interpreting complex patterns and trends, and translating those insights into actionable recommendations.
Data Collection & Analysis:
- Conduct research using primary data sources and select information needed for the analysis of key themes and trends.
- Explore issues or needs, establishing potential causes and barriers as well as related issues.
- Use data management systems to deliver prescribed outcomes with guidance from senior colleagues. This includes being responsible for operating key elements of the system.
- Contribute to stakeholder engagement through identifying stakeholders, finding out their needs/issues/concern and reacting to these by arranging meetings and events and drafting supporting materials to promote understanding and commitment.
- Provide information and comments on suitability during the approval process for database specifications to ensure all agreed standards and protocols are followed and data integrity is preserved.
Application Software Development:
- Contribute to development of existing and new applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification and improvement. Contribute to development of new applications to meet customer requirements.
Personal Capability Building:
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential. Maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education and trends.
- Help to prepare product training for specific technical areas following precedents and established procedures; run small training programs for specific areas using prepared content and working under the supervision of senior colleagues.
- Support business processes by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages, while providing technical guidance as needed.
- Qlik Tech QlikView.; Advanced Office.; Business Intelligence Software.
Data Collection and analysis:
- Provide technical guidance when required to analyze data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Statistical Analysis.
Business Requirements Analysis:
- Provide technical guidance when required to analyze the business requirements that IT solutions must meet.
Review and Reporting:
- Provide technical guidance when required to review and create relevant, lucid and effective reports.
Planning and Organizing:
- Plan, organize, prioritize and oversee activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
- Acquire, organize, protect and process data to fulfill business objectives.
- Achieve full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or operations.
- Information and Data Regulations.
Verbal and Written Communication:
- Uses clear and effective verbal and written communications skills and express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Communicate with other people by speaking in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Business Management, Statistics, Economics or similar (bachelor degree requirement might be waived with proven specialized training/certifications) (Essential).
- Majoring in Statistics or Data Science (Advantageous).
- 3 or more years of proven business analysis or related experience (Essential).
- Experience and knowledge of the financial insurance industry (Advantageous).