Business Insurance Broker (De Aar)
The sole purpose of the position will be to grow and develop the business insurance portfolio.
The key outputs for this role are as follows:
- New Business sales
- Client service and management
- High level performance
This Commercial Advisor: Face to Face Distribution must be energetic and focused and be able to adapt to change and a different culture environment.
Qualification and Experience:
- Completed Matric or National Senior Certificate
- 60 FAIS credits/Full Insurance Qualifications (depending on Dofa)
- For applicants that have been working in a financial services industry prior to December 2010, RE5
- Must have your own reliable transport
- Valid code B driver’s license
- 2 years insurance external sales experience
- Build your own insurance portfolio by:
- Being able to prospect for new clients through networking, Cold calling and door
- door canvasing for new business
- Effective communication with both internal stakeholders and clients.
- Conduct a comprehensive risk evaluation for the client.
- Providing solutions to clients by selling short term products aligned
- to the needs of the client.
- Continuous building of your client base hence securing future income.
- Keeping abreast with the commercial insurance market changes and developments.
- Achieving/Exceeding targets consistently
- Providing feedback to line management when requested.
- Attending all weekly and adhoc team meetings.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders that is, underwriting/actuarial, claims as well as surveying.
- Adhering to all quality standards and measures in place.
- Drafting, tracking and measurement of your personal business plan.
- Providing on-going service and support to your individual client base (amendments,
- renewals, claims etc.).
- Retention of existing business including renewal discussion in line with FAIS
- Developing internal/external relationships with clients.
- Problem-solving skills
- Relationship management skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Resilience - Ability to work well under pressure in dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Influential, concise, rational and practical communicator
- Creative flair and innovative thinker
- Relationship management
- Discretion, judgment and high levels of trust
- Communication (verbal and written) in English
- Numerical & mathematical skills
- Team supervisory skills
- Confident and enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team - balances team and
- individual responsibility, provides and accepts feedback
- Analytical skills