Broker Consultant | Gauteng
About the Company and Business:
Join one of South Africa's leading insurers as a Broker Consultant. They are a customer-centric and dynamic financial services company with a global footprint
and a proud history of innovation. They are vibrant, successful and value orientated with an
Their success can be attributed, amongst other things, to the outstanding people that work for them.
As a values-based organization, they take their reputation for awesome service and innovation
seriously and strive for excellence.
They are a disruptor within the financial services market broadly and now seek to disrupt the
Investment market. THey have a growing Life Insurance and Investments business, and are
looking for an experienced Broker Consultant to join their investments team.
specialist within the IFA market who is entrepreneurial, ambitious, and experienced
They require deep experience of marketing investment products and a considerable network of
trusted and demonstrable relationships with Independent Financial Advisors (IFA’s). The company is looking for
someone who can help us build not only the network of relationships, but also drive the
sales of the company's products in those relationships:
Overview and Purpose of the Role:
Their investment business has grown significantly over the year which has led to the development
of the Broker Consulting role. The Broker Consultant is charged with driving growth in the
investments market by creating widespread awareness of our investment business and
its product offerings, through Independent Financial Advisors (IFA’s) While the focus will be on
Gauteng, the Broker Consultant will also be involved at a broader national level.
The Broker Consultant must align themselves with the culture and values of
Awesome Service, Passionate, Honest, Human, Dynamic and Recognition and be able to work
within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
While needing an experienced investment professional to take up this role please take note that
this is a role for a self-starter to build out a framework for us to build and maintain relationships
with Independent Financial Advisors and as such the key outputs for this role are as follows:
- Having access to a demonstrable book of existing relationships with IFAs in Gauteng specialising in Life and Investment business.
- To drive awareness of and to market the solution and product suite to IFAs and the skill present the various products and solutions offered by the platform to IFA’s
- Help us develop and manage the broker consulting skill in the Investments Business including an understanding of how to manage performance.
- To drive awareness of and to market the product suite to IFAs
- Build a database of IFAs actively supporting the platform and product suite with new business flows from supporting IFA’s
- Investment Product training of IFA’s on the product suite
- Provide high level strategic input into the growth of the business.
Qualification and Experience
- Completed Matric or National Senior Certificate as a minimum but a relevant commercial degree will be advantageous
- 60 FAIS credits/Full Insurance Qualifications (depending on DOFA)
- Proven track record in the sales and marketing of Investment products through IFA’s
- For applicants that have been working in a financial services industry prior to December 2010, preference will be given to applicants with their Financial Services Board Regulatory Exams (RE5) completed. Applicants without prior financial services sales experience will not be prejudiced by this requirement.
- If you worked in the financial services industry prior to December 2011, selling and providing financial advice to clients. You would need to have completed the 30 FAIS credits
- necessary for personal lines or 60 FAIS credits for commercial insurance
- Must have your own reliable transport
- Valid code B driver’s license
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Effective communication with both internal stakeholders and IFA’s.
- Drafting, tracking and measurement of your personal business plan.
- Providing on-going service and support to your individual IFA’s
- Keeping abreast with the Life and Investment market changes and developments.
- Self-starter with strong sales and influencing skills
- Communication (verbal and written) in English
- Numerical & mathematical skills
- Confident, Tenacious, and enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team - balances team and individual responsibility, provides and accepts feedback
- Problem-solving skills
- Relationship management skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Resilience - Ability to work well under pressure in dynamic environment
- Influential, concise, rational, and practical communicator
- Discretion, judgment, and high levels of trust