BI Marketing Manager | Sandton
Develop and execute the marketing activities across the different commercial products in both B2C and B2B markets. Responsible for crafting the message and position of the business insurance products to drive demand in the respective target markets.
- Marketing - Oversee a particular product or service within the larger marketing strategy. Work with marketing, communications, operations and sales to ensure that the products are correctly communicated to the market.
- Brand Strategy and Effectiveness - Assist in establishing and implementing adequate marketing strategies for the commercial products, across brands. Defining the measures used to determine brand effectiveness and using the results to inform future activities.
- Stakeholder Engagement - Develop stakeholder engagement through identifying stakeholders, finding out their needs/issues/concerns. Liaising with all business areas and identifying opportunities for growth in these areas and coordinating with interdepartmental teams to execute marketing and operational plans.
- Brand Positioning - Assist in achieving brand positioning and lead on contributing ideas to brand plans. Develop objectives and strategies for campaign implementation.
- Insights and Reporting - Responsible for analysing campaign outcomes and providing accurate and timeous analysis, reporting and insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Product Management - Monitor all aspects of a product life cycle, including long- and short-term development and marketing. Responsible for continuously assessing competitive products in the marketplace and offering suggestions on product enhancements to ensure that products compete successfully in the marketplace
- Continuous Improvement - Review existing operations in their own area of work and implement innovation processes. Ensure up to date knowledge of relevant products, systems and procedures.
- Leadership and Direction - Explain the local action plan to support team members in their understanding of what needs to be done and how this relates to the broader business plan and the organisation's strategy, mission and vision; motivate people to achieve local business goals.
- Budgeting & Costing - Manage and track budgets and report on performance to more senior colleagues.
- Research - Carry out a range of research activities. Responsible for assisting with research projects related to target markets.
- Business Insight - Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. For example, leverages insights to shape and drive critical initiatives. Shares industry developments with the team; helps them grasp business and industry fundamentals and understand how they contribute.
- Manages Complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, consistently looks at complex issues from many angles; obtains a rich and deep understanding; swiftly cuts to the core issue; skillfully separates root causes from symptoms.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful. For example, offers creative ideas, finds unique connections between previously unrelated elements. Actively encourages and supports others' creativity; builds upon and strengthens new solutions in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, emphasizes the importance of results; encourages a sense of urgency in others; challenges poor outcomes or unproductive behaviors. Provides assistance or encouragement to help others over obstacles.
- Directs Work - Provides direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done. For example, confirms mutual agreement on accountabilities, fostering strong coordination and minimizing duplicated efforts. Communicates delays or problems early so others can manage their own work schedules effectively.
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, tracks performance and strives to remain effective, learning from both successes and failures. Readily takes on challenges or difficult tasks and has a reputation for delivering on commitments.
- Communicates Effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, disseminates knowledge, insights, and updates in a polished, precise, and compelling manner. Demonstrates a deep interest in others' comments. Creates rich documents and reports.
- Balances Stakeholders - Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders. For example, shows a strong commitment to identifying all relevant issues and making decisions that maximize outcomes for all key stakeholders. Engages effectively with multiple stakeholders and responds with well-balanced, win-win solutions.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. For example, recognizes even subtle social cues and nimbly responds to others' needs and preferences. Helps to defuse difficult interpersonal situations by showing high levels of tact, sensitivity, and consideration. Builds rapport with ease.
- Being Resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. For example, has excellent composure and professionalism, even in very difficult situations; acts as a steadying force or role model for others. Skillfully overcomes obstacles, learns from failures, and uses these lessons to improve subsequent efforts.
- Situational Adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations. For example, takes steps to adapt to changing needs, conditions, priorities, or opportunities. Understands the cues that suggest a change in approach is needed; adopts new behaviors accordingly.
- Commercial Acumen - Apply understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions, while also providing technical assistance when necessary.
- Brand Management and Development - Provide technical guidance when required on maximising a brand's impact and market value and manage and develop all aspects of the brand.
- Customer and Market Analysis - Conduct research and analyse data while provide technical guidance as needed in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and market conditions that enables maximum return on investments.
- Planning and Organising - Provide technical guidance when required to plan, organise, prioritise and oversee activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Verbal Communication - Use clear and effective verbal communication skills and provide technical guidance when required to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Analysis and Reporting - Provide technical guidance when required to analyse data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Policy and procedures - Provide technical guidance when required to develop, monitor, interpret and understand policies and procedures, while making sure they match organisational strategies and objectives.
- Computer skills - Support business processes by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages, while providing technical guidance as needed.
- Proficient in Ms Office
- Presentation creation - Apply concepts of knowledge / skill and also able to provide technical guidance when required.
- Presentation skills - Communicate with other people and provide technical guidance when required to speak in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Relevant Marketing degree (Essential)
- Honours/post-graduate qualification (Advantageous)
- 3 or more years' relevant B2B Marketing experience in a marketing environment (Essential)
- 1 or more years’ experience in insurance/financial services (Essential)
- Experience in setting up, monitoring and analysing digital campaigns across platforms (Essential)
- Experience and track record of utilizing understanding of marketing in different segments and sectors of the market to tailor communications for differing segments (Essential)
- Intermediary/broker experience (Essential)
- 1 or more years' experience in supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes (Advantageous)